Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Canon HG20 cameras (yes, old, but they take great footage) don't all sync during multicam creation.

All have same frame rate. All footage is AVCHD. Some were bought from EBay. Is there some other level I've overlooked?

Final Cut Pro X version 10.3.4.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 5:56 AM

4 replies

Apr 22, 2024 10:23 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Shooting a musical play, 1080i output.

Sync with audio. I think there is something technical in the newer cameras that I may be overlooking.

Some of them sync perfectly for the multicam edit, while others are included in the multicam windows, but are not part of the multicam timeline. If I double-click on the multicam timeline, opening up all the clips, can I move the offending clips (8^) manually to sync them up, then go back to the multicam timeline and they will hopefully be where they're supposed to be? Thanks, Tom.

Apr 22, 2024 11:38 AM in response to garblesnix666

"others are included in the multicam windows, but are not part of the multicam timeline"

I don't understand what this means. Where are they? Perhaps a screenshot would help.

Make sure the separate cameras are all assigned unique angle names or numbers.

Yes, you can open the multicam clip editor and slide the clips horizontally on their lanes to adjust sync.

Canon HG20 cameras (yes, old, but they take great footage) don't all sync during multicam creation.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.