Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Flag icon on mail on iPad always active/highlighted in red even when I have not selected it.

iPadOS 17.4.1. The flag icon on all mail items in all mailboxes is solid red. If I click on it, it is outlined in red.

iPad Air, iPadOS 17

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 8:17 PM

6 replies

Apr 23, 2024 6:37 AM in response to LotusPilot

The More button on the iPad opens the All Inboxes side bar, I don't get the side bar you're showing with the additional options in your 5:46a response.

What I am noticing after comparing the iPad with my MacBook is that the default flag color on the iPad is red while it is green on the MacBook. These emails are not flagged so I am actually looking at is the "Flag This Message" icon. I guess because it is red I'm thinking the email is flagged, while the flag appears below the date in the email header if I flag it. I'm dealing with a fractured knee cap and the meds are probably messing with my mind.

Flag icon on mail on iPad always active/highlighted in red even when I have not selected it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.