Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Iphone 14 Pro Max broken screen (totally black), never backed up....how to fix?

Hello everyone, I have an iphone 14 pro max, my screen stop working a couple of weeks ago, I have tried taking it to service, however they are telling me my data can be lost, i am willing to take that risk since I have pictures of my family I am not able to rescue.... I never backed up the phone since it was brand new, I was able to get the voice over command to work a couple of days ago but somehow turn off again, Iphone is responsibe to aPPLE car and still rings or vibrates when i get notifications do not know if maybe the phone run out of battery, any help is welcome!!! thank you so much

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 9:23 PM

5 replies

Apr 22, 2024 9:47 PM in response to Pelvaquitas

Pelvaquitas Said:

"Iphone 14 Pro Max broken screen (totally black), never backed up....how to fix?: Hello everyone, I have an iphone 14 pro max, my screen stop working a couple of weeks ago, I have tried taking it to service, however they are telling me my data can be lost, i am willing to take that risk since I have pictures of my family I am not able to rescue....[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting a Black iPhone Screen:

Try Swiping-Down from the top-right corner of your screen. See if that rids of this window. If not, I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop(because it was updating), or is simply frozen. So, if swiping down does not work, refer to the following... Try as Instructed here: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

No Success?...

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

Apr 22, 2024 10:11 PM in response to Pelvaquitas

Pelvaquitas Said:

"I was actually texting when the screen went black, phoe still connects to apple car, I still get the notificaion vibrations from social media, I believe I run out of battery and I lost the voice over option, bought the AV adapter to TV to see if I can get to mirror the screen......when i connect it to charge I can heer the charging ring or vibration...."

-------

Make a Store Appointment:

Set up a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store. There, it will be diagnosed, and you'll be provided with your options. IMPORTANT: Be certain to bring along a proof of purchase (i.e. sale receipt or original packaging) and the iPhone, itself.

Apr 22, 2024 11:26 PM in response to Pelvaquitas

Pelvaquitas Said

"Iphone 14 Pro Max broken screen (totally black), never backed up....how to fix?: already went and they told me I will loose my data, I am not able to afford to loose it.....loooking for other options, even just changing the screen to have the option to back up...."

-------

Try Transferring Through iCloud:

Enable Contacts in iCloud Settings:

Are items enabled in iCloud Settings? If so, enable these items on other device, and see if it pops up. If note, then it is gone amongst all devices associated to your Apple ID. So, to enable it:

A. Enableon an iPhone:

Enable Contacts in iCloud:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: your name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

and...

B. Enable on a Mac:

Is Contacts enabled in Apple ID on your Mac? If not, enable it.

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Apple ID
  3. Enable: Contacts

Apr 22, 2024 9:57 PM in response to TheLittles

I was actually texting when the screen went black, phoe still connects to apple car, I still get the notificaion vibrations from social media, I believe I run out of battery and I lost the voice over option, bought the AV adapter to TV to see if I can get to mirror the screen......when i connect it to charge I can heer the charging ring or vibration....

Iphone 14 Pro Max broken screen (totally black), never backed up....how to fix?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.