Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Geniur bar in Dubai refused repair because iPad is US spec.

iPad is bought in Dubai, but is originally US spec’d.

Apple Care is purchased for the iPad and still valid.

the other day, i brought the the iPad to Apple Store, the advisor refused to do anything because he mentioned and kept mumbling about the iPad being under “US consumer law” therefore cant do any repair.

i argued that apple care supposed to be international and consumer law is just an additional protection. The advisor even told me to contact US apple customer support.

now i am stuck with a broken iPad.

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 10:48 PM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2024 2:42 AM in response to sijaeng

The country within which a device is purchased from Apple will determine its warranty coverage.

While many countries (e.g., EU Member States, UK etc.) offer a limited international warranty, the warranty for devices purchased within the United States is limited to the US. Devices purchased in the US do not have an international warranty.

Also be aware that the optional AppleCare+ cover is only valid within the country of purchase. Again, by example, an AppleCare+ plan purchased in the US is only recognised within the US.

While your broken iPad may not be covered by device warranty or AppleCare+, paid repair services should be available to you in countries/regions where Apple is officially represented.

Geniur bar in Dubai refused repair because iPad is US spec.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.