Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone 4/4s Battery Change?

My iPhone 4 shut down and wasn’t able to it turn on. I’ve charged it and the Apple logo does appear, but never actually charges. I don’t use that phone anymore (obviously) it’s been 9 years since it shut down. I would like to revive again, but Apple doesn’t do that for phones that old. I have many photos and memories with that phone that I haven’t seen in years, please help.

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on Apr 22, 2024 10:58 PM

2 replies

Apr 22, 2024 11:08 PM in response to Blue_Aloee

Blue_Aloee Said:

"My iPhone 4 shut down and wasn’t able to it turn on. I’ve charged it and the Apple logo does appear, but never actually charges. I don’t use that phone anymore (obviously) it’s been 9 years since it shut down. I would like to revive again, but Apple doesn’t do that for phones that old. I have many photos and memories with that phone that I haven’t seen in years, please help."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Charge:

The iPhone battery will not charge, unless it is plugged in and charging. With lots installed, the charge would be slower. It would also depend on the battery health and how you are suing heal it is charging..  Go Here: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support - Scroll down to "Your battery's maximum capacity"

View the Battery Health:

Apple recommends you get a new battery, once the Battery Health reaches 80% or lower. When the Battery Health is 80% or lower, it is time for a new battery.

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Battery
  3. Tap: Battery Health
  4. View: [the percentage]
  5. Is it 80% or less?  If so, it is time for a new battery.

Troubleshooting the Battery:

Apr 22, 2024 11:09 PM in response to Blue_Aloee

Blue_Aloee Said:

"My iPhone 4 shut down and wasn’t able to it turn on. I’ve charged it and the Apple logo does appear, but never actually charges. I don’t use that phone anymore (obviously) it’s been 9 years since it shut down. I would like to revive again, but Apple doesn’t do that for phones that old. I have many photos and memories with that phone that I haven’t seen in years, please help."

-------

Fixing a Boot Loop:

Your iPhone might be in a Boot Loop. This typically occurs when you go about installing an update, and it stalled while in the process. Use my User Tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - Apple Community

iPhone 4/4s Battery Change?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.