My Apple Mac Book Pro is hanging a lot

Configuration

2.3Ghz Quad Core Intel Core-i7

Intel Irish plus Graphics 1536 MB

Memory : 32 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X

macOS: Sonoma 14.4.1

I work in a normal Room Temperature having 30-35 C

Its quite frequent and mostly happens during Noon when the room Temperature is high

I checked MacBook Fan its working fine

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 3:09 AM

4 replies

Apr 23, 2024 9:58 PM in response to epankaj1

epankaj1 Said:

"My Apple Mac Book Pro is hanging a lot: [...]Its quite frequent and mostly happens during Noon when the room Temperature is high[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting a Lagging Mac:

Too much is likely running in the background. System resources are probably being eaten up quite a bit. So, here is what to try....

Boot into Safe Mode [Hold Down: shift key upon boot] and then perform the following:

A. Remove: Login Items:

See if Safari and/or Chrome are Login Items. If so, remove them as such and then restart the Mac, seeing if it/they no longer load(s) at login.  Go Here: Change Users & Groups Login Items preferences on Mac - Apple Support.

B. Uninstall: Security Software:

Any Security Software installed on your computer? If so, uninstall it. Use the Uninstaller for to do so, getting the Uninstaller directly from my Developer’s site, as getting it else where may result in Malware or Spyware being installed. If you are uncertain which to download, then as the Developer. What is it doing is running you through VPN (Virtual Private Network), and your location is seen elsewhere — perhaps a location that this site is inaccessible to.

C. Scan: your Mac for Malware: 

Use MalwareBytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

D. Clean: Space:

Delete: Unneeded, Large Files:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.  Virtual Machines can be in the double and triple digits of GBs of data.

E. Clear: Temporary Internet Files:

Apr 25, 2024 7:18 PM in response to epankaj1

epankaj1 wrote:

Hi HWTech,

You are suggesting me to install a Third-Party app or an APP through Your link. I Can not do that . It may be a Serious Security issue and can install a malware and later hack my Mac / Remotely access my Mac.

Can not do this.

That is certainly your choice, although it will limit what support we can offer to you since we have no other way to analyze your system. It is good to be cautious. However, the EtreCheck app does not install anything on your computer & can be even be run from the Downloads folder. Plus the developer of EtreCheck is registered with Apple so the app will run without needing to modify Gatekeeper settings. You can search this forum for thousands of examples of users using EtreCheck and see their posted EtreCheck reports. If the app was dangerous, the forum moderators would quickly remove the links & reference, or possibly even the post.

I personally try to avoid suggesting any apps that require installation (as do most of the regular forum contributors with the high rankings).

Again, the choice is yours. If you do decline to use EtreCheck, then you will need to follow @TheLittles' suggestions as most of the troubleshooting will be on your own since we can only offer the most general of suggestions.

In addition to @TheLittles' excellent suggestions, I would suggest reading the following article written by a respected forum contributor on how to keep your devices running smoothly and keeping both you & your devices safe since most macOS issues will be related to items discussed in this article (assuming you do not have a hardware issue):

Effective defenses against malware and other threats - Apple Community

FYI, if you have any apps listed in that article installed, then you should have no worries about using EtreCheck since anti-virus apps, cleaning/optimizer apps, and third party security software are much more dangerous & invasive than EtreCheck since those types of apps are the main cause of macOS issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.