Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to cancel YouTube Premium subscription purchased via Apple Pay

Hello, I bought a YouTube premium subscription via Apple Pay on my old iPhone, but now I am using an Android device, how can I cancel that subscription?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 7:31 AM

2 replies

Apr 24, 2024 12:39 AM in response to shukur257

Since you purchased the YouTube Premium subscription with Apple Pay, you can't cancel it directly through the YouTube app on your Android device. Here's how to cancel it using your Apple ID on your old iPhone or through your computer:

Using Your Old iPhone:

1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap on your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
  3. Select Subscriptions.
  4. Find your YouTube Premium subscription in the list.
  5. Tap on it and then tap Cancel Subscription.

Using Your Computer:

1. Go to the Apple ID website: https://appleid.apple.com/account/home.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID credentials.
  3. Click on Subscriptions in the menu bar.
  4. Find your YouTube Premium subscription and click on it.
  5. Click on Cancel Subscription.

Important Notes:

• You can also cancel your subscription through iTunes on your computer, but the process is very similar to using the Apple ID website.
  • Cancelling the subscription will stop it from automatically renewing at the end of the current billing period. You will still have access to YouTube Premium features until the end of that period.

Here are some additional things to keep in mind:

• If you don't have access to your old iPhone or a computer, you can try contacting Apple Support for help cancelling the subscription.
  • You can also check your YouTube account settings on your Android device to see if there's any information about your subscription there. However, you won't be able to cancel it directly from there.

I hope this helps!

How to cancel YouTube Premium subscription purchased via Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.