Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

HomePod mini has no range?

I use my HomePod mini purely as a speaker, but I found it has such bad range. I can't move my phone more than a foot away from the speaker without it cutting out and then I have to fully reconnect it to play again. I also found that I can only get through a couple of songs before it just stops. is there some software on my phone I have to enable or is this just a rubbish bit of tech?

HomePod mini

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 8:03 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 23, 2024 8:25 AM in response to Am3lia_58

The Home Pod is not bluetooth speaker. As such it has no actual specific range to speak of outside of whatever your Wi-Fi network offers.

Also, in most cases it does not stream directly from the iPhone but from the internet.

As long as both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network there is no pre-determined range.

The fact its cutting out, points to an issue with your Wi-Fi network or your internet connection.

Are you maybe using your iPhone's hotspot with it instead of a Wi-Fi network? In that case issues have been reported. And then the limited range is due to the iPhone's Hotpsot generation not the HomePod itself.

click here ➜ Can I use a HomePod on a Personal Hotspot… - Apple Community

HomePod mini has no range?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.