Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

AirDrop Anxiety

Airdrop is hit or miss. I have checked all the boxes, I believe; sharing the same WiFi (my home), bluetooth is on, I am two feet away from my computer, etc...

Trying to move some video from iPhone to MBP to work in FCPX

I'm using an iPhone 12 running 17.2.1 and MBP (2019) running OS 14.1.1

I have the Airdrop window open on the MBP and I have checked 'Discover Everyone' on it and the menu on the iPhone is set to 'Discover Everyone for 10 minutes' (not sure why there is no 'Discover Everyone'...but...)

On the MBP I see the icon of my iPhone, but on the iPhone I do NOT see the MBP!!!

I've tried turing on/off bluetooth, wifi, and opened/closed windows, etc...

Any ideas??

Thanks

g

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 8:19 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 23, 2024 8:42 AM in response to George Mauro

George Mauro wrote:

I have the Airdrop window open on the MBP and I have checked 'Discover Everyone' on it and the menu on the iPhone is set to 'Discover Everyone for 10 minutes' (not sure why there is no 'Discover Everyone'...but...)

There used to be an Everyone setting, but it can be abused when you are among other iPhones to send inappropriate or scam content to your iPhone if you are on public Wi-Fi. So limiting it to 10 minutes is some protection against that.

On the MBP I see the icon of my iPhone, but on the iPhone I do NOT see the MBP!!!

I've tried turing on/off bluetooth, wifi, and opened/closed windows, etc...

Any ideas??

Do you use VPN? If so, delete the VPN profile in Settings/General/VPN & Device Management/VPN. Don't just turn it off; delete the profile.

AirDrop Anxiety

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.