Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Does removing my card stop the recurring charges on my Apple ID?

i cancelled this clearly and yet i have another charge on my CC on April 12, 2024 - I am cancelling the card number as this is fraud and i do not want to have a card on my account any more

BUT i cant seem to remove my cards to stop this madness occurring - IF I change my card will this vendor no longer have any access to me any more

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 9:01 AM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2024 9:47 AM in response to Bubba42xy

1. The subscription you show has already expired, so there is no possible way for it to be charging you still. It has ended and is no longer active in any way.
  2. Vendors you subscribe to through Apple do not have access to you or your payment methods at all. Its all done securely through Apple's platform.
  3. If the charge is appearing on your card statement as coming directly from "Simple:Weight Loss" rather than from "apple.com/bill" then its being charged directly by them and not Apple, so removing your payment method from your Apple ID will not do anything to stop the charges.
  4. If it is being charged directly by Simple, then you need to cancel it directly through their website. Apple is not involved in this. https://simplefastingapp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405634545437-How-do-I-cancel-my-subscription-or-intro-plan
  5. If it were being charged through Apple and you change your card, it will simply use the new card to charge it. Apple charges whichever card is available on your account for any subscriptions you may have. It does not tie a card to a specific subscription.
  6. If the charge is appearing as "apple.com/bill" on your card statement, then its entirely possible its for something else entirely. Follow the steps in the support document linked below to identify the charge and cancel it if required.
    1. click here ➜ If you don't recognize a charge - Apple Support

Does removing my card stop the recurring charges on my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.