Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How can I access my current Mail password from my iPad/iPhone?

My Mail is working on my iPad and iPhone but not on my iMac. How can I access the Mail password on my iPad in order to login the app on my iMac or is there a better way? I don’t want to delete the mail app as the file structure and all current saved emails may be lost.

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2024 12:50 AM

Yeah I thought so too and have used that for years

Now, Apple Mail no longer accepts the Apple ID password as password for MAIL

I know its correct as just used it to log in to Apple ID

But use same one for Apple Mail and rejected every time

Very frustrating

9 replies

Apr 23, 2024 11:50 AM in response to Scribeswtr

You'll not be able to extract the email account password from the Mail account settings.

Unless you saved your Mail account password in your saved Passwords (i.e., Settings > Passwords) - or recorded the corresponding password elsewhere, you may have no alternative other than to reset your mail account password.

To reset your Mail account Password, should you need to do so, you'll need to use the account reset facility that will be provided by your Mail Service Provider.

Apr 23, 2024 1:24 PM in response to Scribeswtr

Scribeswtr wrote:

The password I’m trying to find is the Apple Mail password rather than a third party one so can I obtain this detail from Apple?

The Apple Mail app itself does not contain a password. The account that you use will be what requires the password. That being said, if you're using Apple Mail and you're trying to get the password for that, it's the same password as your AppleID.

If that isn't what you are looking for, there is no way for you to get the password from the apps in your other devices. You're going to have to obtain your password from your mail provider most likely by doing a password reset and then just logging back into it on all your devices.

Apr 24, 2024 4:13 PM in response to LotusPilot

I am using the Apple Mail app with a name.iCloud email address. It worked fine until I ran out of storage in iCloud. I have upgraded my iCloud storage but now the iCloud email will not connect with the iCloud account from my IMac. Mail still works fine from my iPad and iPhone which is why this is so frustrating. My iMac is quite old Catalina Version 10.15.7 and I’m wondering if this is the reason although the problem started on the same day that I upgraded my iCloud data.

How can I access my current Mail password from my iPad/iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.