Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Age restrictions

I got myself a iPad a few days ago. Today, it won’t let me go on 18+ websites. I have already got content and restrictions turned off. My iPad is through Wi-Fi. How am I able to sort this?

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 1:37 PM

3 replies

Apr 23, 2024 2:16 PM in response to Fifc1191

Besides your device, access to adult websites can also be restricted on:

• Router
  • DNS Server
  • Internet Provider

Router- You will need to log into your router directly and check for a web filter blocking access. Many of them have this setting.

DNS - Check the DNS server you are using by going to Settings > Wifi > [tap info button on network] > Configure DNS. This is usually set to automatic and when you tap it, the DNS server address will be the same as the router address on the previous page.

Internet Provider - Log onto their page and look for a parental control setting or a filter to block content.

We may be able to help with where these settings are with the name of the Internet Provider and the name/model of the router. Also on your iPad, verify that there are no Extensions installed at Settings > Safari > Extensions.

Apr 23, 2024 1:45 PM in response to Fifc1191

Many times internet providers will block sites and may also have a setting to prevent access to adult sites on their web page. Screen Time does have a setting to prevent access, but apparently you have already changed that. The setting is called Web Content and should be set to Unrestricted. Another way to test if is Screen Time related is to see if you are allowed to clear web data at Settings > Safari > Clear History & Website Data. If that option is greyed out, then it is Screen Time restricting your web usage.

Apr 23, 2024 2:01 PM in response to Mac Jim ID

Thank you for replying. Web content is set to unrestricted, and I have just checked if I can clear history and website data. It isn’t grade out and I was able to clear when I open a tab to try again it doesn’t let me and comes up on the screen saying “ Safari can open the page because it couldn’t establish execute connection to the server” but all of my other tabs are open and working fine

Age restrictions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.