Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apps are updating iOS 17.4.1 – iPhone 13 Pro

Apps on iPhone 13 Pro are not updating after I updated to iOS 17.4.1. I looked in the App Store under my profile and everything seem to be updated, but when I tried to open certain app, there was a cloud with a down arrow asked to be updated. I tried to force hard reboot several times but issue remains unsolved. Does anyone have the same issue? If so, is there anyway to fix it? I wonder if this is a software issue. Thanks much!

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 1:57 PM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2024 5:06 PM in response to Christine Tran

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience you’re experiencing with app updates on your iPhone 13 Pro after updating to iOS 17.4.1. Let’s troubleshoot this issue. Here are some steps you can try:

Check Available Storage Space:

• Go to Settings on your iPhone.
    • Select General.
    • Tap iPhone Storage.
    • Ensure you have enough available storage space for the update.

Restart Your iPhone:

• Sometimes a simple restart can resolve issues. Press and hold the Side button (or Volume Down button if you have an iPhone with Face ID) until the slide to power off slider appears. Slide it to turn off your device, then turn it back on.

Delete and Reinstall the Update:

• Navigate to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
    • Look for the iOS 17.4.1 Update in the list.
    • Select it and tap Delete Update.
    • Try installing the update again.

Check Your Network Connection:

• Ensure you have a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or cellular data) while updating.

Use a Computer to Install the Update:

• If the issue persists, consider using a Mac or PC to install the update via iTunes or Finder.

Remember to back up your data before attempting any troubleshooting steps. Apple Support can help you if you need any further assistance. I hope this helps!

Take care,

Apple Community

Apps are updating iOS 17.4.1 – iPhone 13 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.