Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

7th generation iPad Bluetooth won’t connect

I have a 7th gen iPad and I am unable to pair Bluetooth with my Soundcore 3 speaker and my Honda stereo system. This is a recent development. Is Apple up to their tricks again?

iPad (7th generation)

Posted on Apr 23, 2024 6:48 PM

3 replies

Apr 24, 2024 2:16 AM in response to Jkeld

The iPad User Guide outlines the process of pairing Bluetooth accessories with your iPad:

Set up and use Bluetooth accessories on iPad - Apple Support

You should also refer to the pairing procedure for specific third-party accessory - which will be found within its associated User Guide.

Should you experience difficulties, this support page should help with troubleshooting:

If you can't connect a Bluetooth accessory to your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

A reset of your iPad's Network Settings can sometimes clear Bluetooth pairing issues:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Reset > Reset Network Settings

If you continue to experience difficulties, you can obtain help directly from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. The App also provides direct access to appropriate support resources. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Apr 24, 2024 9:07 AM in response to Jkeld

To reiterate, if you continue to experience difficulties, you can obtain help directly from Apple Support.

You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. The App also provides direct access to appropriate support resources. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Apr 24, 2024 6:41 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks for your reply. I did the network reset, but I’m having the same issues. The iPad will connect to the Bluetooth speaker, and I can see it is playing, but no sound. The volume is adjusted properly. Then it just disconnects from Bluetooth after a few seconds. Sometimes Bluetooth will say unavailable after it disconnects.

I received an error message today which said “The operation could not be completed, an unknown error occurred (-66681)”. Not sure what that means.

7th generation iPad Bluetooth won’t connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.