Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPad Pro battery dead/drained common issue?

iPad Pro 12.9 6th gen purchase on late november 2022 and barely used (maybe 10 times), only using it to extend my laptop display when needed. After a month or so when I grabbed it was dead, put it to charge and nothing, completely dead in the water, I even tried to charge it using the keyboard and nothing. I`ve been reading some old and new post about it and seems like quite a few ppl dealt with this issues. Since it's out of warranty I don't know how to handle this, I`m frustrating since I barely used it and it`s a nice shiny brick now.

Anyone in the same boat with 6th gen ipad pro?

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 5:38 AM

2 replies

Apr 24, 2024 3:42 PM in response to koanga

Unless the iPad was fully shut-down - and was allowed to fully deplete its battery - if set aside unused and not recharged, it is highly likely that the battery has failed through deep discharge.

Li-ion batteries must never be allowed to remain in a discharged state, as they will be irreversibly damaged.

You would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to assess your iPad - and you can explore your available options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad Pro battery dead/drained common issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.