Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Do Yahoo & Google emails automatically ALSO go to Apple Mail, i.e. does the system automatically duplicate the emails?

My Mac has Apple Mail which I never use. Does the Mac system automatically duplicate incoming/outgoing Yahoo & Google emails and send them to Apple Mail so if I ever opened Apple Mail it would download thousands of Yahoo & Google emails?

If the Yahoo & Google emails are duplicated in Apple Mail, would deleting these Yahoo & Google emails in Apple Mail mean automatically deleting them from the Yahoo & Google email system?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 6:13 AM

4 replies

Apr 24, 2024 7:49 AM in response to Terme51

Terme51 wrote:

My Mac has Apple Mail which I never use. Does the Mac system automatically duplicate incoming/outgoing Yahoo & Google emails and send them to Apple Mail so if I ever opened Apple Mail it would download thousands of Yahoo & Google emails?

If the Yahoo & Google emails are duplicated in Apple Mail, would deleting these Yahoo & Google emails in Apple Mail mean automatically deleting them from the Yahoo & Google email system?

Thanks in advance.

Assuming you have those accounts installed on your MAC then yes it will duplicate and if you haven't open it in awhile it will take time to sync.

Yes if set up as an IMAP account if you do anything with the email on your MAC it will reflect on your mail account.

Apr 26, 2024 10:48 AM in response to Terme51

Terme51 wrote:

1. Thanks.
Can I
isolate Apple mail from my Yahoo & Google email accounts
2. open Apple mail and delete all the duplicated emails, i.e. without deleting them from the Yahoo & Google email accounts?
Thanks in advance.
  1. should be able to open mail and have it show up as different inbox.
  2. No - see my last reply on this.

Do Yahoo & Google emails automatically ALSO go to Apple Mail, i.e. does the system automatically duplicate the emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.