Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Sharing Apple TV with my wife

What do I have to do with my settings on my iPad.

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 17

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 8:27 AM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2024 6:49 AM in response to LtPtw

If two users have each their own iPad (or other devices), then they can share select subscriptions (e.g. an Apple TV+ subscription) by forming a Family Sharing group.

One of the group members should be the ‘Organizer’ that invites others to join. The organizer should do this on their own Apple device (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac). Others are invited through their Apple ID. Users that do not have an individual Apple ID account yet, should create one first. The invitees should react by accepting this invitation. Once done, the access is immediately. The group members keep using their own Apple ID account, not the organizer’s or the subscriber’s. The user data (such as watch history) stays separate that way. The organizer and the subscriber do not have to be the same person per se, but it might make sense to, for groups that may have changes in the group composition (e.g. a house guest should probably not be the organizer).

About Family Sharing - Apple

Learn more about what you can do with Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Add a family member to your shared subscriptions - Apple Support

One option for Family Sharing is Purchase Sharing. This is not needed for sharing subscriptions. It allows sharing of buy-items. It also forces the organizer to make payments to Apple for any purchase that anyone in the Family Sharing group makes through the iTunes Store (buy-items, new subscriptions, in-app purchases, etc.). Any compensation that the group deems necessary should be organized within the group. If that doesn’t fit for everyone in your group, then keep this feature off. How to share apps and purchases with your family - Apple Support

Sharing Apple TV with my wife

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.