Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Can't print comments in Pages

I would like to print a Pages doc including the comments. According to this page

Add and print comments in Pages on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

it should be straightforward:

1. Choose File > Print.
  2. In the pop-up menu below the page selection controls, choose Pages.
  3. If you can’t see the pop-up menu, click Show Details.
  4. Select the Print comments tickbox, then click Print.

However I don't get a Pages menu under the page selection controls. When I print it prints without comments (see screenshot below).

Am I missing something?

Thanks

David

MacBook Air (11-inch, Early 2015)

OS 12.7.2

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 9:47 AM

5 replies

Apr 24, 2024 1:09 PM in response to VikingOSX

Many thanks. I realise I haven't updated Pages for ages. I'm on 5.6.1. I assumed it would automatically update.

My issue now is that I can't use an OS higher than Monterey and don't seem to be able to download a older version of Pages.

I acknowledge that I may be stuck but if there's a way of downloading v13.1, I am all ears. (App Store only offered me v14.)

Thanks again.

Apr 24, 2024 1:30 PM in response to davidbaker999

If you, and not Apple, nor an Apple reseller installed Pages from the Mac App Store, then you can get the last compatible version (13.1) for macOS Monterey. There are no Apple download sites for full installer versions of Pages.

Launch the Mac App Store and sign in with the same Apple ID as you used previously to install Pages. Then, press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchases panel. Pages should appear there with some obvious sign you can download it. Click that and do not choose Cancel on any subsequent dialog. The last dialog will ask if you want to install the last compatible version of Pages for Monterey and you click OK.

If for some reason, it won't do that, it may be cause you have Pages v5.6.1 (El Capitan) installed, and provided you have that on a backup first, then you remove that old Pages v5.6.1 and pursue the second paragraph again.

Can't print comments in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.