Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Macbook pro m2,2022 randomly shutdown

i'm using macbook pro m2, 2022 release its only 1 and half year and having same issue sometimes it shutdown in 30 percent other time in 40% and when i restart i've to use my charger and it again starts charging with 11%. also my battery cycles are less than hundred yet. it says healthy battery with 95% health. i don't know what to do please help....!!! if anyone knows or having same issue.... please

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 11:03 AM

1 reply

Apr 25, 2024 11:21 PM in response to shobhit83

Battery charge cycles are irrelevant unless they are nearing 1,000 cycles.

I'm assuming macOS is showing a "Normal" battery condition and not "Service Recommended"? Try checking when the battery charge is low as it is when it is more likely to show a problem.

Try running the Apple Diagnostics to see if any hardware issues are detected. Unfortunately the diagnostics don't detect most hardware issues, but it never hurts to check anyway.

Unfortunately it is very difficult to confirm a battery failure on these Apple Silicon M-series laptops (it wasn't exactly easy on the Intel Macs either, but at least it was possible).

You can try running the third party app Coconut Battery to see if it reports any issues. This app does have a history of the battery capacity, but it only seems to update it once a day. I don't know whether it would be updated if a severe drop in Full Charge Capacity was detected. I've never tested its behavior on a Mac with a borderline battery.

Of course you are assuming you have a battery issue. Perhaps you have a software issue. To look for possible software issues, run the third party app EtreCheck and post the complete report here so we can examine it for clues.

Macbook pro m2,2022 randomly shutdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.