Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Can I download older version of Logic Pro for my iMac late 2012?

Hello

if i’ve buy the Logic Pro software in new version for my Imac (2020), is there a Possibility downloading an older version for my Imac late 2012?

many thanks

juergen

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 24, 2024 11:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 12:47 PM

You sure can. I have the latest version running on a newer MacBook Pro and can download and install on my trusty 2012 27" iMac. I am using Mac OS 10.14. I think it will run MacOS 10.15 but I hate the newer Music App over iTunes. The version I can use on the older computer is Logic 10.5.

Just purchase Logic on your 2020 iMac. Now go to your older iMac

Open App Store. Login if you haven't. Select your account on the bottom left. Look for Logic Pro on your purchases. Do not click on Logic Pro itself. Click on the download symbol. It will bring up some message asking if you want to download the last compatible version. Click download and you should be good to go.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2024 12:47 PM in response to mans.field

You sure can. I have the latest version running on a newer MacBook Pro and can download and install on my trusty 2012 27" iMac. I am using Mac OS 10.14. I think it will run MacOS 10.15 but I hate the newer Music App over iTunes. The version I can use on the older computer is Logic 10.5.

Just purchase Logic on your 2020 iMac. Now go to your older iMac

Open App Store. Login if you haven't. Select your account on the bottom left. Look for Logic Pro on your purchases. Do not click on Logic Pro itself. Click on the download symbol. It will bring up some message asking if you want to download the last compatible version. Click download and you should be good to go.

Can I download older version of Logic Pro for my iMac late 2012?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.