Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looking for a best PDF converter for Mac

I'm on the hunt for a best PDF converter for Mac (macOS Sonoma) and I'm hoping to get some recommendations from you all. I need a tool that can efficiently convert PDFs to various formats like Word, Excel, and maybe even JPEG, without losing the original layout and formatting. It's essential that the software is user-friendly and ideally, I'd prefer something that doesn't break the bank. If any of you have experience with PDF converters that work well on macOS, I’d really appreciate your insights.

MacBook Pro (M3 Pro, 2023)

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 12:55 AM

5 replies

Apr 25, 2024 8:50 AM in response to Shiro208

Shiro208 wrote:

I'm on the hunt for a best PDF converter for Mac (macOS Sonoma) and I'm hoping to get some recommendations from you all. I need a tool that can efficiently convert PDFs to various formats like Word, Excel, and maybe even JPEG, without losing the original layout and formatting. It's essential that the software is user-friendly and ideally, I'd prefer something that doesn't break the bank. If any of you have experience with PDF converters that work well on macOS, I’d really appreciate your insights.

The best one is Adobe Acrobat (full version , not Reader).

Apr 25, 2024 1:10 AM in response to Shiro208

Sure thing! One of the best PDF converters for Mac that I've come across is "PDFsam Basic." It's a straightforward and reliable tool that offers a range of conversion options without costing you a dime.

PDFsam Basic as the best PDF converters for Mac, it can help you easily convert PDFs to various formats like Word, Excel, and even split or merge PDF files if you need to. It's pretty user-friendly, so you won't need to be a tech wizard to figure it out.

Apr 25, 2024 1:22 AM in response to Shiro208

Preview on Mac is a versatile PDF conversion app that allows users to view and edit various types of files, including PDFs. One of the key features of Preview is its ability to convert files to and from PDF format. You can try this free PDF converter on your Mac first.

To convert a file to PDF using Preview, simply open the file in the application and go to the "File" menu. From there, select "Export as PDF" and choose the desired location to save the converted file. This feature is particularly useful for converting documents, images, and other file types into a universally readable PDF format.

Additionally, Preview also has the capability to convert PDFs to other file formats. To do this, open the PDF in Preview and go to the "File" menu. From there, select "Export" and choose the desired file format from the dropdown menu. You can choose from popular formats such as JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and Microsoft Word.

Apr 25, 2024 2:47 AM in response to Shiro208

My suggestion is not using the online PDF converter. As far as I know, this type of service mostly restricts the PDF pages and you have to pay for a subscription to convert large PDF files on on your Mac.

Another concern is about the privacy and security. When you upload a PDF file to an online converter, you are essentially providing a third party with access to your document. There is a risk that your file could be intercepted or accessed by unauthorized parties.

It is generally recommended to use a trusted and secure desktop PDF converter on your Mac for converting PDF files, especially for sensitive or confidential documents. These applications offer more control over the conversion process and provide better security measures to protect your files.

Apr 25, 2024 3:19 AM in response to Shiro208

Sure thing! So, based on my own experience, I'd highly recommend checking out PDFGeeker for Mac. It's been my go-to PDF converter for a while now, especially on macOS Sonoma. It's super efficient at converting PDFs to Word, Excel, and even JPEG, without messing up the layout or formatting.

One thing I love about it is how user-friendly it is. Seriously, you don't need to be a tech genius to figure it out. Plus, it won't cost you an arm and a leg, which is always a bonus.

Give it a shot, and let me know how it goes!

Looking for a best PDF converter for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.