MMS messaging not working

iPhone 13 suddenly decided not to send certain photos indicating MMS messaging is not turned on. It is turned on, phone has been turned on and off a number of times and Network Settings have been reset. Problem still exists. I do have a new carrier and spent much time with their tech support only to have them say the problem is my phone not their service.

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 25, 2024 3:06 PM

6 replies

Apr 27, 2024 4:03 PM in response to razmee209

razmee209

I fixed it myself! Not sure if all the items I changed were the culprit but 1) On my messages I changed the Send & Receive to my phone # (it was set to my email) and 2) on my camera settings, the composition was on for Grid and Level and I turned those off. Bingo! Photo went through. Although I am still perplexed as to why this particular photo has a png instead of a jpeg extension.

Apr 25, 2024 3:59 PM in response to 4490

4490 wrote:

iPhone 13 suddenly decided not to send certain photos indicating MMS messaging is not turned on. It is turned on, phone has been turned on and off a number of times and Network Settings have been reset. Problem still exists. I do have a new carrier and spent much time with their tech support only to have them say the problem is my phone not their service.

Sorry MMS is your phone carrier feature, as you just started having issue when you switch to a new carrier. Nothing to do with Apple, escalate the issue with your new carrier specifically speak to a tech.

MMS messaging not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.