Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Has Apple acknowledged the issue with PMW

I bought an AppleWatch and updated my iPhone 11 Pro to 17.4. It started having issues especially when the battery was low. So after being stranded once (I’d ubered there), I thought about repairing the battery. But made a last minute decision to upgrade because I wanted my new phone to have a lightning connector.

so yesterday I got an iPhone 14. I had nausea issues even with reduce motion (I have flicker vertigo)…and that’s when I learned about PMW sensitivity. (Some OLED screens flicker really low and that causes issues to people who are sensitive to it)

I decided to do the settings recommended in various apps and “give my phone a fair shot tomorrow” until I got a migraine aura.

I’ve ordered a refurbished iPhone 11 pro since I know that has always worked for me.

and when I fully recover, I’ll have to set up a new phone & return the iPhone 14.

but has Apple (or other phone manufacturers) ever acknowledged that their technology is causing health issues to a (albeit a possibly small) subset of their users?

I was thinking of upgrading my iPad as well.

is there a way for us to officially let them know, I mean I was in line for the 1st iPhone, I really don’t want to switch.

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 5:49 AM

2 replies

Has Apple acknowledged the issue with PMW

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.