Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

How do I keep all of my original photos on my iPad?

In my photos section it asked if I wanted to send original photos to the Cloud and just keep mini versions on the device. I accidentally checked it thinking I was disabling it and not enabling it. I want to revert it back but I no longer get the option to change it. I have disabled sending anything to the Cloud, will that automatically reverse it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air 2

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 7:23 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2024 8:59 AM in response to joan297

Are you synchronising data via iCloud with other devices - such as an iPhone, Mac computer or another iPad - or accessing Photos using another computer? If so, disabling iCloud Photos from iPad settings will impact access to photos from iCloud.

If you have disabled iCloud Photos on your iPad, any photos already uploaded will remain accessible in iCloud.

You may find this support page will help with understanding how to set-up and use iCloud Photos with your iPad:

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

The iPad User Guide is also a rich source of information:

Use iCloud Photos on iPad - Apple Support

Working from memory (as I have not configured my own devices to only keep optimised images) - while iCloud Photos remains enabled in iPad settings, images that are only locally saved in optimised form on your iPad should be able to easily downloaded at full resolution to you iPad from iCloud:

Settings > Photos > Download & Keep Originals

How do I keep all of my original photos on my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.