Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

I got an Apple security alert when using a game. Is this a scam?

should i delete the game app (wordscapes) that i was using onto which this popped up ?

[Edited By Moderator]

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 8:15 AM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2024 8:59 AM in response to kisski

Yes it is a scam. The app was paid to serve up that ad to you. There is no harm in continuing to use the app if you wish. You do have several options:

• Quit using the app. This could be as a protest to not support a developer involved in these tactics.
  • Write a review for the app on the App Store to get the Developers attention that you do not appreciate it and also to alert other users of your experience.
  • Contact the developer directly and express your concerns. As they are getting paid to provide this ad, and other similar ads, they may not care what you think, but those who make customer service a priority will take notice.
  • Continue to use the app and just ignore those fake ads as usual.

Always be aware that these are just ads and never install any software they suggest or call a phone number that may be provided. This is not specific to WordScapes as you may also see these in other apps and simply browsing the web.

I got an Apple security alert when using a game. Is this a scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.