Charged right after linking my card to Apple Pay

I was adding a card to pay for my 2 subscriptions and I got charged twice. The first time it was $5.65 and the second time it was $5.85. I noticed that when I added my card for the first time I had my old address, so I removed the card and re added it with my current address and that’s when I got charged again. Both charges show up on my bank statement and say pending. Will I be charged for those two charges as well for my subscriptions?

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 10:16 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2024 10:25 AM in response to clue_817

Apple Pay is a payment system. It’s just a more secure way of purchasing items using your current credit/debit cards. I’m not sure of the two different amounts, but probably related to differences in state sales tax etc. between one address and the other.

Pending charges are just that. One of the charges will probably disappear when they finalize. If one charge doesn’t disappear, please use the link below and request a refund. Refunds generally take 5 to 7 business days once the refund is approved (not submitted). If you need an explanation of the price differences, please use the second link to contact Apple Billing Support.

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

Charged right after linking my card to Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.