Trading in a MacBook Pro for a refurbished MacBook Pro without being without a laptop for a long period of time.

I'm trying to buy a Refurbed MacBook Pro and trade in my old MacBook Pro. I live a long distance from an Apple Store so the "bring in your Apple Product and get its value on a card right then" thing would be a big undertaking but I am not ruling it out completely. I was wondering if getting an agent on the phone and setting up the trade in with them and buying the refurb with them and putting it on the credit card and having Apple credit back my credit card for the traded device when they received it might work(I did this during covid when no stores were available but that was a completely different situation because I was only trading computers because my AppleCare covered computer took a major dump, but they were estimating 6-8 months to repair it), but I cant seem to figure out how to get an agent on the phone to do this. Has anyone done this? Does anyone have any ideas how a person could do a transaction like this online?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 5:31 PM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2024 12:23 PM in response to jchastn

jchastn wrote:

I'm trying to buy a Refurbed MacBook Pro and trade in my old MacBook Pro.

Seems like these are two separate operations.

I am not sure with refurbs discount price if you can even apply a trade-in.

You can however Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Trading in a MacBook Pro for a refurbished MacBook Pro without being without a laptop for a long period of time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.