Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

M1 silicon kernel panic

Hi, Could anyone help me. I have a M1 silicon Mac Book. I am running up to date Sonoma. When I first set the Mac upI migrated across from my old Mac. around a few months ago I began to get Kernel Panic crashes. The screen froze went pink and shutdown/restarted. I took the Mac to a Genius appointment and they thought it might have occurred due to migrating the Mac across as they identified some drivers/extensions that were very old and thought the might not work with the current software. They did remove these but it did not solve the problem.

I then backed all my data/docs up to the cloud and erased the Mac completely of all data, settings and apps and reinstalled Sonoma from scratch. It seemed to have worked but then again it started. It doesn't seem to occur when I am doing anything in particular as well.

This is the report it produces

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 12:34 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2024 7:06 PM in response to Gooders1886

That error message is very difficult to determine what if anything is wrong.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Should help you determine if any of the most common hardware issues are to blame.

Some though may not readily be present unless they reproduce with no non-apple installed software or hardware.

The fact it reproduced after erase and installing the system suggests one of those hardware issues is present, if Diagnostics doesn't detect anything, and you should call AppleCare in that event.

M1 silicon kernel panic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.