Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

RAW file support for OM SYSTEM TG-7 camera

I have uploaded raw files (.ORF extension) out my new camera, OM SYSTEM TG-7, into my Mac (2017 3.6GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 on Ventura13.6.6) and only the jpg files display in Photos app while all the .ORF files are blank/don't display. However the .ORF files from several models of earlier Olympus cameras display and edit perfectly well. The camera model went on sale in September 2023 and has been a volume seller and haven't heard of this issue from other Mac users.

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 2:06 AM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2024 10:23 AM in response to swoffer

To be blunt, adding raw support does not seem to be a priority these days for Apple. So, some cameras are never supported, so partially supported and some fully so.

Options: Convert the raws to DNG with Adobe's free converter.

or

Use a third party app to manage these (and if you wish) all you photos. Apps like Adobe's Lightroom and Lightroom Classic, CaptureOne, DxO Photo Lab, Mylio and others have their own raw support and tend to be faster and more complete in the support they offer.

Apr 27, 2024 7:09 AM in response to swoffer

The cameras for which Photos offers RAW camera support is listed here:

Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 17, iPadOS 17, macOS Sonoma, and visionOS - Apple Support

You can get the same list by option-clicking "About This Mac" under the Apple on the upper left, and then going toward the bottom of the "Software" group for "RAW Support."

It appears that OM SYSTEM TG-7 is not listed. Each model has a different RAW format, and so must be individually coded for import.

Even though my Nikon's RAW format is supported, I don't see much advantage to import RAW to Photos. When I find a picture that I want to tweak with the RAW data, perhaps because of poor exposure or other peculiarity, I do that in Nikon's own software, export it as jpeg, and then import that to Photos for further editing and cropping. For most pictures, the camera's jpegs respond well to edits in Photos.

RAW file support for OM SYSTEM TG-7 camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.