Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Scribble to identify a cero vs an "o" letter

Trying to get Scribble to type a cero (0) instead of the letter "O"....for passwords. Try to select the letter to opbtain alternative options scrolling the crown but that is not working or possible either....any way to replace scribble with a keyboard for specific special characters or situations like this?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 10

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 8:58 AM

7 replies

Apr 27, 2024 4:29 PM in response to mpmira1

mpmira1 wrote:

Nothing happens when I tap into the errant O . Using the crown only moves the cursor back and forth through the letters typed (not providing any option to select from)

With Scribble on watchOS 10, I enter an O, tap on the O above the Scribble area to get a green highlight box around the O, and can then rotate the crown, and get a selector with many choices.

Overview: Send messages from Apple Watch Ultra - Apple Support

Apr 27, 2024 10:05 AM in response to mpmira1

Watch series 4 doesn't have a watchOS QUERTY keyboard. To get a keyboard on your watch you will need to get a 3rd party keyboard app for the watch.

Have you tried scribbling the slashed zero?

M1 Mac mini, macOS 14.4.1;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 10.4; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 17.4.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 17.4; HomePods, audioOS 17.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Apr 27, 2024 5:11 PM in response to MrHoffman

It does not work. I have tapped a million times over the errant o (which i can not even make it capitalized mid-way down then password either) and nothing happens. No selection, no green box, no nothing except a blinking bar next to the ******** . Its so annoying ...and perpexling that Apple would make such a counter intuitive UI with this.

Scribble to identify a cero vs an "o" letter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.