Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iphone 14 pro max gps contant malfunction

My iphone 14 pro max -> gps does not working properly, signal location while using google maps or apple maps is significant wrong.

I have done everything, including : hard reset, remove apps and re-install them, use best privacy settings as regards gps, reset network settings, but still gps is not working properly.

I am using a no name privacy glass + uniq case without magsafe + ios 17.4.1 + greek vodafone e-sim

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 10:30 AM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2024 3:58 AM in response to EliasD

Location Services uses GPS and Bluetooth (where those are available) along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations to determine your device’s approximate location.

Significant Locations: Your iPhone and iCloud connected devices will keep track of places you have recently been, as well as how often and when you visited them, in order to learn places that are significant to you. This data is end-to-end encrypted and cannot be read by Apple. It is used to provide you with personalized services, such as predictive traffic routing, and to build better Memories in Photos.

Apr 28, 2024 3:58 AM in response to EliasD

if you primarily use Apple Maps on your iPhone, using Apple Maps on CarPlay could indeed enhance GPS accuracy within the CarPlay interface. Similarly, if you rely on Google Maps on your iPhone, utilizing Google Maps on CarPlay could yield better results.

CarPlay itself doesn't directly affect the GPS accuracy. The GPS signal comes from your iPhone, and both Apple Maps and Google Maps access that same signal when running on CarPlay.

it's possible that using the same mapping app on both your iPhone and CarPlay could potentially improve GPS accuracy. This consistency in app usage across devices may lead to better synchronization and integration of location data, resulting in more accurate and seamless navigation experiences on CarPlay.

iphone 14 pro max gps contant malfunction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.