CarPlay disconnecting randomly on 15/15Pro

Ever since upgrading to the 15 series my CarPlay will randomly disconnect and sometimes it will open with Siri activated even when I don’t activate Siri.

This has been happening since launch on my phone and a family members. I’ve tried many different cables including multiple Anker cables, and a belkin cable. I’ve also tried using a usb-a to usb-c adapter with an apple cable and it doesn’t work.

I have a 2022 Hyundai and this never happened on our 12 Pro and XR.

Has anyone else had this issue? It’s starting to drive me a bit crazy :(

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 12:58 AM

Good morning david_long123 !

1. Check for Software Updates: Make sure both your iPhone and your car's infotainment system are running the latest software versions. Software updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can help resolve compatibility issues with CarPlay.
  2. Restart Your iPhone and Car: Sometimes, a simple restart can help resolve temporary glitches. Try restarting both your iPhone and your car's infotainment system to see if it improves the stability of CarPlay.
  3. Reset Network Settings on iPhone: Resetting network settings on your iPhone can sometimes resolve connectivity issues with CarPlay. To do this, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Keep in mind that this will erase your saved Wi-Fi networks and Bluetooth connections, so you'll need to reconnect to them afterward.
  4. Check CarPlay Settings: On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > CarPlay and select your car's infotainment system. Make sure that "Allow CarPlay While Locked" is enabled and that your car's infotainment system is not set to disable CarPlay after a period of inactivity.
  5. Try a Different Lightning Cable and Port: Even though you've already tried multiple cables, it's worth experimenting with different cables and USB ports to rule out any potential issues with the connection.
  6. Update Car Firmware: If possible, check if there are any available firmware updates for your car's infotainment system. Manufacturers sometimes release updates to improve compatibility with devices like iPhones.
  7. Contact Apple Support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it may be worth contacting Apple Support for further assistance. They can provide more specific troubleshooting steps and help determine if there's a hardware issue with your iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2024 12:58 AM in response to david_8557

Good morning david_long123 !

1. Check for Software Updates: Make sure both your iPhone and your car's infotainment system are running the latest software versions. Software updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can help resolve compatibility issues with CarPlay.
  2. Restart Your iPhone and Car: Sometimes, a simple restart can help resolve temporary glitches. Try restarting both your iPhone and your car's infotainment system to see if it improves the stability of CarPlay.
  3. Reset Network Settings on iPhone: Resetting network settings on your iPhone can sometimes resolve connectivity issues with CarPlay. To do this, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Keep in mind that this will erase your saved Wi-Fi networks and Bluetooth connections, so you'll need to reconnect to them afterward.
  4. Check CarPlay Settings: On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > CarPlay and select your car's infotainment system. Make sure that "Allow CarPlay While Locked" is enabled and that your car's infotainment system is not set to disable CarPlay after a period of inactivity.
  5. Try a Different Lightning Cable and Port: Even though you've already tried multiple cables, it's worth experimenting with different cables and USB ports to rule out any potential issues with the connection.
  6. Update Car Firmware: If possible, check if there are any available firmware updates for your car's infotainment system. Manufacturers sometimes release updates to improve compatibility with devices like iPhones.
  7. Contact Apple Support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it may be worth contacting Apple Support for further assistance. They can provide more specific troubleshooting steps and help determine if there's a hardware issue with your iPhone.

CarPlay disconnecting randomly on 15/15Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.