How to deactivate Twitter/X account created using Sign in with Apple

Apple had no way of actually allowing me to post this without asking a question so I'll just share my information this way. I've noticed a lot of people on the support forms have been having issues deleting their account on Twitter when they use sign in with Apple. I to have been having this issue until I figured it out.

Here are the steps.

Open the Twitter app on your iPhone.

Tap your profile in the top left-hand corner.

At the bottom of the screen, tap settings and privacy.

Next, click your account….

Click the option to change your password.

It's going to ask you to enter your current password, which you don't know, as Apple creates a generic email and password that forwards to your actual email. To circumvent this, tap the link below the current password text box to be taken to a screen to reset your password. Do not enter your email. Instead, enter the username associated with your account.

For example,@user. Do not leave out the @ sign. Click the link that says send a code to the hidden email.

An email will then be sent to your iCloud email from X. Once you enter the confirmation code, you'll then be able to reset your password. After resetting the password you will be logged out of Twitter. Log back into Twitter on your iPhone by entering your username, not email, again don't forget the app sign, and then your new password.

Now it's time to do the thing that we've been wanting to do for an incredibly long time. Click your account in the top left-hand corner. Then click settings and privacy. Then, click your account. Then click the deactivate account button followed by deactivate account again. Enter your new password in the text box and then click deactivate, confirm, and then we're all good to go. I'm not quite sure why Apple and Twitter made this so hard. It actually took me two hours to figure this out. I hope this helps anyone who has been having issues.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 1:53 AM

There are no replies.

How to deactivate Twitter/X account created using Sign in with Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.