Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Banking apps U.K. m2 chip

Can someone please email me when the developers have allowed the banking apps to be downloaded on my M2 chippen MacBook Air please, as these are not available yet.

MacBook Air 15″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 9:44 AM

3 replies

Apr 28, 2024 11:02 AM in response to Garridian

Nobody here is going to e-mail you.

This is a user-to-user forum, and nobody here (with the possible exception of Apple employees moderating it) has access to your e-mail address.

Nobody here has knowledge of your bank's application development plans, and "banking apps U.K." is too vague for us to even know what your bank IS.

if your bank has not released a version of its banking app that is compatible with your M2 MacBook Air and the OS running on it (Sonoma?), you need to take that up with them. Note that many banks release apps only for phones and tablets – with the idea that people with Windows PCs or Macs will access their accounts via a Web site. If your bank is like this, you need to ask them for the URL (address) of the Web site and the procedure to create an online account on it. Then you can use Safari (or another Web browser, like Firefox) to get there.

Apr 28, 2024 1:15 PM in response to Servant of Cats

i have spoke to an Apple help desk and the apps have not been developed by the app developers for the m2 chip, so I currently cannot get access to any banking apps as they are not available and I was just hoping someone could let me know when the developers get around to doing it that is all, I thought that the developers would have sorted this out before the release of the chip, but it appears not

Apr 28, 2024 2:56 PM in response to Garridian

Garridian wrote:

i have spoke to an Apple help desk and the apps have not been developed by the app developers for the m2 chip, so I currently cannot get access to any banking apps as they are not available and I was just hoping someone could let me know when the developers get around to doing it that is all, I thought that the developers would have sorted this out before the release of the chip, but it appears not

Just about all applications that run on Macs with M2-family chips will run on Macs with M1-family chips. Macs with M1-family chips have been out since November 2020. If your bank is telling you that there's some special thing about M2 Macs that kept them from releasing Apple-Silicon-native Mac applications before now, they're pulling wool over your eyes.

It's slightly more plausible that your bank has an application that works on Ventura but breaks on Sonoma, and hasn't fixed it yet. Or that they never intend to release Windows and macOS apps at all – just to provide a Web site and/or mobile (phone, tablet) apps,.

In any case, this is something you need to take up with your bank. Apple does not control your bank (or know all of their plans), and neither do your fellow users in this forum.

Banking apps U.K. m2 chip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.