Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Move to IOS stuck on transferring data (from Android 14 to IOS 17)

Hello all,

I am really happy that I made the decision to move to iPhone, but I didn't expect at all it will take the whole day trying to complete it (I am very familiar with transfer process and I don't have much data to transfer)

For some reason, transferring my data stuck on time remaining for hours with out any progress :(.

Before I start ,

• From Android I had installed latest move to IOS in play store, shared all permission to this app

uninstalled AV, disabled all apps notifications and unnecessary services, connected to charger .

• From new iPhone, I started with fresh setup and IOS update, connected to charger, then start over again to launch move to IOS (all good so far)

I am able to connect both to the same home wifi, getting the code for pairing phones and then finally starting the transfer,

it is showing progress for transferring data but for some reason stuck with remaining minutes (first time 37minutes remaining, 2nd 1 minutes left, third 2 minutes and forth now stuck with 6) each attempt took around 4 hours before I cancel.

The disappointing point with Move to IOS , it does not show the actual transfer progress logs, I am only getting the remaining time which is not correct, so I idk is it stopping while transferring SMS, contacts, Apps or images ?

also for some reason original type c to type c cable wasn't an option for me to try pairing them just to make sure it is not network connection here,

that's why I have lost the whole day without any successful attempt :(.

any body reply or help is highly appreciated

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 1:33 PM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2024 2:54 AM in response to mohd.omar

1. You may --> Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple ...
  2. If that fails or you do not want to attempt or have already set up your device. then...You can still transfer these data.
    1. Photos & Videos --> Upload to iCloud Photos using the same Apple ID that you have used on your iPhone. After upload, enable iCloud Photos on your iPhone. That's it.
    2. Contacts --> Contacts are not stored on an iPhone nor on SIM, they are synced to  Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other. Upload all your contacts to any of the above email client-server.
    3. Notes, Reminders, Calendars --> You may sync all these from any of the email accounts that you have. they are synced to  Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other. Upload all your data to any of the above email client-server.
    4. Any Specific Files --> Upload to Cloud Drives (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, Flickr, box, AmazonDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud and Use Files app on iPhone
    5. Apps --> In any way they have to be redownloaded using the App Store.
  3. SMS/MMS - Look for third-party apps that claim to transfer SMS/MMS from an Android device to an iOS. However, these apps/software has the risk of data being compromised and may or may not safeguard your data. Be well informed about the way the software will handle your data and then you may select the app/software
  4. WhatsApp --> WhatsApp from Android to iPhone - Apple Community
  5. Shazam Account --> Access your Shazams on all your devices or online - Apple ...

Move to IOS stuck on transferring data (from Android 14 to IOS 17)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.