Apple Card deactivated. Unavailable to activate again. Why?

Hello,

I issued apple card and i was using it several weeks. I bought flight tickets and it was blocked. After some time Apple deactivated my card. around 6 month has been passed and when i go to Wallet>add>Apply for Apple Card I receive an error saying Apple Card Unavailable - Apple Card services are currently unavailable. Please try again later.

I am in US. I have around 748-752 credit score. What can i do? I even don't know why they deactivated. I had paid all debt at time. I called several time to the call center and they could not give me the answer. At first they were telling this was for my security purposes. Can someone help me on this? Is there any way to get Apple Card back?

Thanks for your time and attention.

BR

Enri

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 4:06 PM

7 replies

Apr 28, 2024 4:46 PM in response to varshalomidze

You can’t reopen the account. Maybe some time in the future, but I don’t prediction the future any better than you do. The card will stay in your Wallet and cannot be removed. Banks tend to have long memories, and I’d revisit the situation every year or two. If the app lets you apply great. But if not, just move on. There are many credit cards out there, many with better rewards. You have a strong credit score and you’ll do just fine moving forward. Just my experience, but I can’t change the past, move forward and be positive about things.

Apr 28, 2024 4:35 PM in response to varshalomidze

What would you like to know? I can tell you that the fact you cannot delete the card indicates that you are permanently banned from ever having an Apple Card Mastercard again. The one exception would be if a bank other than Goldman Sachs takes the card over. Please don’t peruse this line of discussion or the post will be removed. It’s against the TOS in Apple Support community to discuss rumors.

Now, knowing that the account is gone, what would you like to know? Asking how to reopen the account is not going to happen. The account is linked to your Apple ID and also you SSN and other information that identifies you for banks etc. So, how can I help?

Apple Card deactivated. Unavailable to activate again. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.