Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Watch data not syncing to new iPhone

Hi,

I just noticed that my Watch data has not been syncing to my iPhone 15 for a few months (since I got it and switched to it from my iPhone 11).

I hadn't realized because I don't usually check the phone app, but I would like it to sync still.

I've tried multiple things from different posts with similar issues here but nothing has worked. (Checking privacy settings, software updates, Health app data source (my Watch does not show up here with current data))

I don't want to loose all my activity data from my watch from the last few months.

What can I do?

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 12:33 AM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2024 4:15 AM in response to mo_be

Which Apple Watch do you use, and which watchOS is installed?

If you open the Watch App on your new iPhone 15, can you see your watch as paired to the iPhone in the "My watches" tab?

Did you also try unpair the watch and pair it again to the new iPhone?

If the watch is already paired to the iPhone, unpairing it will create a backup, from which you can restore the watch after you have paired it again to the iPhone.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apr 29, 2024 4:52 AM in response to Ingo2711

Thank you Ingo,

It's an Apple Watch Series 6 and WatchOS 10.4.

Everything showed up as normal, and worked as normal, which is why I didn't notice for so long.

I have unpaired and repaired it now with the option to restore from backup, but all fitness data is gone.

But at least it seems to sync now. So, yeah, half a win, thank you still!

Watch data not syncing to new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.