Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Collaborate on an Apple Maps Guide with friends

I'd like to create a Guide in Apple Maps for an upcoming trip with my friends. I know Google Maps offers this, but no one likes Google Maps. Simply: I want to add places to a Guide, and then share it so that my friends can also add places to that same shared guide.

1. Is there native functionality within Apple Maps that allows Guides to be shared and collaborated on (similar to functionality currently in Notes)?
  2. Are there any workarounds to achieve this, or any other suggestions which would allow me to do this within Apple Maps?

Thanks!

Steve

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 9:01 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2024 11:58 AM in response to srnewtu77

Steve ~

#1. Share, but not collaborate:

Organize places in My Guides in Maps on iPhone - Apple Support

#2. Not within Apple Maps.

Although PamPam uses Google Maps behind the scenes...

"PamPam is collaborative, so you can invite friends to add places to your map. When you’re done, click “Share”. If you click “view only”, people will just be able to see your map but not add places to it. If you click “edit”, people will be able to add places to your map when they are logged in." Source:

The basics of making a map with PamPam

PamPam | Make interactive maps

õ¿õ¬

Collaborate on an Apple Maps Guide with friends

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.