Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

How do I send a song via text that I have in my library, it says not allowed in US, wth does that mean? I paid for it, have the disc, loaded it to my phone, I don’t understand the error or lack of compliance by Apple?

I bought the discs, loaded the songs to my phone thru iTunes , but it won’t let me access the song to send a snippet to my wife, that’s on the same plan and I pay the bills for all the family, this is very upsetting , how can Apple determine what I can send ??? Do u have rules in place that I can’t send anything I didn’t buy thru Apple?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 9:21 PM

3 replies

Apr 30, 2024 10:05 PM in response to Photoframekn

It sounds like you may be conflating a number of things. Sending the file would be copyright infringement. So long as you retain the physical media, you can retain a digital copy. Digitally purchased music is a license granted to you, not ownership. If you have purchase sharing enabled, or share Apple Music, you can share those songs. Or, you can share links to music through iTunes/Apple Music that a subscriber can then purchase or listen using Apple Music.

How do I send a song via text that I have in my library, it says not allowed in US, wth does that mean? I paid for it, have the disc, loaded it to my phone, I don’t understand the error or lack of compliance by Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.