Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Battery health of my iPhone going down

After only 9 months of use my iphone 14 pro's battery health is at 88%. I only charge it once a day and don't let it drop below 20% or not up 100%, idk what's wrong.need help! As mentioned in the title.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 11:40 PM

1 reply

May 1, 2024 2:52 AM in response to diiya193

There is nothing wrong. Dropping of battery health is normal with battery usage due to the chemical processes from within the battery. The dropping is never linear and you should not have to worry about your battery. Also don't micromanage it, keep optimized charging on and you'll be good. If the battery health drops below 80% you want to consider having it replaced.

But for example this can take a long while until it gets under the 80%, my moms iPhone XR is stuck at 83% battery health for over 3 years

Battery health of my iPhone going down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.