Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

My iMac doesn’t work anymore!

Hi everyone!

It’s a 27inch A1419. 2015

It began with a stuck mouse at startup.

USB mouse or Bluetooth the same. USB was not working too.

Only solution was to restart. It could work then…

But little by little it became most frequent.

I found a solution that worked some time: cut the power out and wait a few hours…

It worked but less and less.

I’m sure it’s not because of software or some accessories because I tried everything.

It finally refused to work. When it was working everything was perfect…

I let it sleep 11 months.

A few weeks ago I had the idea to try it again.

Surprise! It started and after it found the Bluetooth keyboard it finished the process and worked perfectly with all my data and everything !

It lasted almost a week then it stopped to work.

The procedure I found worked a bit of time but less and less. Now there’s the bong then the Apple logo then it goes out.

I suppose it’s the PSU Alimentation Power that is dead and need to be changed.

What do you think?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 1, 2024 1:49 AM

3 replies

May 1, 2024 7:40 AM in response to mfc

mfc wrote:

The procedure I found worked a bit of time but less and less. Now there’s the bong then the Apple logo then it goes out.

Your story started out sounding like a failing hard drive and ends with a completely failed hard drive.

What do you think?

What does your local Apple Authorized Service Provider "think" after examining it...?

see > Find Locations

+3 I also recommend replacing instead of repairing.

My iMac doesn’t work anymore!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.