"Too many codes were sent" on the first try in SMS login

Hi. I'm in need of some advice. My mother has been having trouble accessing her iCloud account. Her iPhone broke down, which means she can't log in, and to make things worse, the phone number tied to her account is lost.

I followed the recovery instructions and managed to update the number to mine. But a month later, when I tried to sign in, Apple kept sending the authentication code to her dead phone. When I requested an SMS code instead, I got an error saying too many codes had been sent and to try again later. It happened on the first try.

Could you help me restore access?

Many thanks.

Posted on May 1, 2024 3:31 AM

1 reply

May 17, 2024 7:10 AM in response to TaniaRrr

I have absolutely the same issue, I don't have trusted device and I can't get any two factor sms code from January.

I twice made reset password with waiting about month to apple's approve, I changed phone number (twice) as apples support sugested, I tried login together with support to and use sharing screen, on phone and on mac and on browser, but as I only try to login I got immediately "too many codes was sent", but I didn't get any codes.

I don't understand why they not send sms.

"Too many codes were sent" on the first try in SMS login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.