Contacts cannot be added to a group - problem has never been resolved

This problem has persisted at least since 2018. If I want to create a new group in Contacts, I have to close Contacts after each addition. The program also will not allow me to drag and drop a contact into a group without closing Contacts after each add. This is ridiculous. I've used nothing but Mac computers since 2006 and this is best you can do with Contacts? How is this problem "business friendly?"

Mac mini, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 1, 2024 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2024 9:02 AM

Hey shapack, refer to the links below to check if they may be of some help to you:

4 replies

May 7, 2024 10:03 AM in response to shapack

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Contacts cannot be added to a group - problem has never been resolved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.