Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iPhone merge call button doesn't work

Merge call button is broken

I call a telephone number and connect.

I push "add" call

I dial a 2nd number and it connects

I press "merge" which is available and NOT grayed out

Nothing happens. The calls do not merge

When I try to go back to the first call it automatically hangs up

Up until today everything worked fine. Yes, I have already tried a hard reset of the phone. Yes, I have tried different telephone numbers. I have tried with WiFi call assist on and off. This software is not working!

iPhone 13 running most up to date software available 17.4.1 - Why update software if it breaks things?

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on May 1, 2024 1:14 PM

2 replies

May 1, 2024 2:09 PM in response to jimmyjames2012

jimmyjames2012 wrote:

Merge call button is broken

I call a telephone number and connect.
I push "add" call
I dial a 2nd number and it connects
I press "merge" which is available and NOT grayed out
Nothing happens. The calls do not merge
When I try to go back to the first call it automatically hangs up

Up until today everything worked fine. Yes, I have already tried a hard reset of the phone. Yes, I have tried different telephone numbers. I have tried with WiFi call assist on and off. This software is not working!

iPhone 13 running most up to date software available 17.4.1 - Why update software if it breaks things?

That is a feature of your phone carrier not Apples, contact them and ask why it isn't working.

iPhone merge call button doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.