Phone calls not ringing through earphones

When someone calls me, I don’t hear this phone rings through earphones and I have to pick up the phone itself

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 1, 2024 3:54 PM

1 reply

May 6, 2024 9:04 AM in response to Abe154

Let's narrow down the troubleshooting for your ringer issue:

1. Check iPhone Settings:
    1. Silent Mode: Swipe up on your screen to access the Control Center and ensure the silent mode button isn't toggled on (it would appear orange).
    2. Bluetooth Settings: If you use wireless earphones:
      1. Verify Bluetooth is on (look for the Bluetooth icon in the Control Center).
      2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure your earphones are connected.
      3. Within the Bluetooth menu for your earphones, check if there's a call audio routing option and enable it for calls to come through the earphones.
  2. Wired Earphones:
    1. Make sure the headphone jack is clean and free of debris.
    2. Double-check that the wired earphones are firmly plugged into the jack. Sometimes a loose connection can cause audio issues.
  3. Specific Apps:
    1. While less likely on iPhone, it's worth checking: Go to Settings > [Calling App You Use] (e.g., FaceTime) and see if there are any audio output settings.

Additional Tips for iPhone:

• Restart iPhone: A simple restart can sometimes resolve temporary glitches.
  • Check for iOS Updates: Outdated software might have bugs affecting audio. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and install any available updates.

If you've tried these steps and still aren't hearing ringtones through your earphones, it's possible there's a hardware issue with your earphones or the iPhone's lightning connector. In that case, contacting Apple Support or taking your iPhone to an Apple Store for diagnosis might be necessary.

Phone calls not ringing through earphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.