Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Delays in paying Apple Card thru Apple Savings

Transferred money from my PNC savings account, to Apple savings last Friday, which I have done before. Funds still not available on Thursday to pay Apple credit card.

Goldman has been holding funds for almost a week and declining payment to my Apple credit card. Essentially Goldman is not letting a transfer from their savings to their own credit card account for a week.

After spending almost an hour on the phone trying to resolve this issue with GS, I was promptly disconnected when I asked to speak to a supervisor. Very convenient!

Sounds to me like an attempt to increase fees and interest charged on the card. Maybe the whole thing was too good to be true and it's time to get rid of both as the hassle is not worth it.

Have many others had this issue, or am I one of the few lucky ones? Anyone know where we can log a complaint?

Posted on May 2, 2024 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2024 7:24 AM

So, you have your Apple Savings Account set to pay your Apple Card? Is that correct? A transfer done from PNC is probably a 1 to 3 day transfer done via ACH. ACH transfers aren’t done over weekends. So more than likely the funds didn’t even start moving until Monday. Three days puts the funds in today. You needed funds for a payment on Tuesday. That’s really cutting it close. You were hoping to get what, a few pennies extra interest?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2024 7:24 AM in response to Nikolaos-1

So, you have your Apple Savings Account set to pay your Apple Card? Is that correct? A transfer done from PNC is probably a 1 to 3 day transfer done via ACH. ACH transfers aren’t done over weekends. So more than likely the funds didn’t even start moving until Monday. Three days puts the funds in today. You needed funds for a payment on Tuesday. That’s really cutting it close. You were hoping to get what, a few pennies extra interest?

May 2, 2024 11:44 AM in response to Jeff Donald

Jeff,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

As to your statement that "Three days puts the funds in today." the transfer was initiated on Friday morning at 10:18am. That makes three business days yesterday, Wednesday at 10:18am. If they chose to ignore Friday, that would be very convenient for them. Either way the funds won't be available per Goldman until tomorrow, Friday which makes it five days per my calculations. Having made numerous other transfers with different institutions these transfers have typically taken 1 to 2 days.

As far as your question about pennies, it's rude, unnecessary, and does not help answer my original questions.

May 2, 2024 12:25 PM in response to Nikolaos-1

You’re welcome!

Most banks cut off ACH transfers around 9 AM ET, but sometimes later on the west coast. That means, the funds didn’t move until Monday morning around 9 AM. The funds could have been received day 1, Tuesday, in time for your payment, but a poor choice, in my opinion. ACH transfers work the way they work.

Don’t assume facts that aren’t in evidence. If you don’t know how something works, ask. The convenience is how they work, not the way you assume they work. The fact they don’t work the way you want or expect them to is really irrelevant. If that’s rude, I’m sorry. It’s just the way it works.

Goldman Sachs is the receiver, not the sender. If your funds weren’t available when you expected, how was Goldman Sachs supposed to speed them up? Please explain. Hey, listen, I just sent you $1,000, you’ll get it Monday, can I spend your $1,000 now? How exactly was Goldman supposed to fix your issue? If the money is not there, I’m not loaning (losing) money? Why should Goldman?

I get it you’re frustrated. I would have been too. I’ve spent a lot of time in finance and understand these how these service work and attempt to explain the best I can. Do I sometimes come across as crass or rude. Yup, probably so. But you engaged, learned. Sometimes that’s what’s need to move forward.

So, how do I move forward? Why do you have funds in a PNC savings account? Why were you sending funds to Apple Savings? Here’s what I do. I have about a $1,000 in large bank savings account for emergency. The bulk of my cash savings is in Apple Savings account. I have other investments that are diversified in other accounts based on my goals and needs at my stage in life.

What do I do if I need more than $1,000 nearly instantly? I transfer funds for free to Apple Cash. I can spend it using Apple Pay or transfer the funds to my large bank instantly for 1.75%. In an emergency, I could care less about 1.75% loss. Your financial requirements may be more than mine, so adjust your numbers to fit your circumstance.

Questions? I’m happy to talk about my experiences and explain how various services work. Again, sorry the interpretation of my comments. I apologize for the rudeness.

Delays in paying Apple Card thru Apple Savings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.