Newsroom Update

Apple announces new accessibility features, including Eye Tracking, Music Haptics, and Vocal Shortcuts. Learn more >

Turned on voice accessiblity feature now can't log into phone

I turned on the voice accessibility feature. I didn't like it because of the delay. I want to turn it off but couldn't get back to Settings so I rebooted the phone. Now it thinks I'm using the voice accessibility feature and it won't accept my passcode. When I type my passcode nothing happens. After several attempts I once was able to enter the code with the voice feature reading it back to me but it wouldn't log in. It's like it doesn't register that I'm entering it. The system says I need to use my passcode to change the setting. No kidding. How can I fix this if I can't get in? I've looked up hard reboot but all material just brings it back to the same place. I think I need a total refresh but I don't know how force that without accessing the phone. Ideas?

thank you

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 2, 2024 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2024 12:20 PM

When Voice Control is on you just do everything twice. For example, to enter your passcode tap each digit twice. The first time it will tell you what you tapped, and the second tap will recognize the tap.

7 replies

Turned on voice accessiblity feature now can't log into phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.