TD07KVX cymbals 3way trigger doesn't register

Ive recently purchased the TD07KVX e-kit and I am pursuing recording music with Garage Band. I have never owned an electric drum kit before, and even though this kit is new to me, I have played drums for 5 years in the past. I have read through the instructions to set up to my MacBook Pro, and I am able to get the different pre-installed drum and electric drum sounds from Garage band to work on my green midi track. I went to the Roland/support website and download the corresponding driver, according to my operating system. In the drum module system settings USBdrv parameter, I set the system to 'Generic' to use the generic driver provided by the operating system of my computer. I hook my drum module straight to my computer with a midi type-B (module) to type-C (computer). The problem is my cymbals only register on one trigger. The 'bow' shot is the only hit that registers on my garage band output. The 'bell' and 'edge' shot do not register for some reason. I am thinking that it is a user error because I am new to garage band and electric drums. Please help me navigate this seemingly difficult issue.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 2, 2024 8:55 PM

1 reply

May 3, 2024 11:56 AM in response to Feick27

Usually this happens if the drum kit does not contain the sound, or if the trigger is sending the wrong note value. Use the musical typing keyboard

Play software instruments in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

And verify that the sounds are in the kit and note the keys required to play them. Then modify your drums to send that key for that trigger.

TD07KVX cymbals 3way trigger doesn't register

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.