Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Removing Apple Pay

Thanks to Apple Discussion, I havd FINALLY removed Apple Pay...I think. I have NO idea how this happened but I am sure it's my fault - sort of. Totally unknown to me I have an Apple Pay card and it has become my default card. The first I knew of this was an overdue bill that popped up in Notifications. I did pay it with late interest payment (the first one I ever got - I'm 75).

My questions:

1. How can I keep AP from popping up again and becoming my default card?
  2. How did it become another credit card in the first place?
  3. I have a 39¢ interest charge. As best as I can tell, it has not been paid and I suspect it will not show up until the next pay period. This of course begs the question if I suddenly have Apple Pay show up again. I have not been able to find a way to immediately pay that.
  4. Does anyone know if that will affect my credit rating?

In all of this, I suspect Apple works hard to be subtle regarding its the adding of it to my Wallet. Ok, I'm old enough and tired enough to get it. It's just a pain. This is a mini-rant. I just don't want AP to appear again but that may just be the result of using my iPhone to pay bills (which I am grateful for!)

THANK YOU for any help you can provide!

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on May 3, 2024 8:34 AM

3 replies

May 3, 2024 9:31 AM in response to Tom Perkins1

Sorry, your post is a bit confusing.

Apple Pay is a payment conduit, it is not a card itself. Any credit or debit card you add to the Wallet app, can be used with Apple Pay to make purchases in stores, on websites and in Apps that support Apple Pay.

but you must manually add cards to the Wallet app yourself. They cannot magically get added without your involvement.

You cannot delete Apple Pay, its part of the operating system on your iPhone. It can be called up by double clicking the sleep / side button on your iPhone. You can choose not to use it when presented with the option during checkout in an App or at a website that supports it.

If you applied for an Apple Card in the Wallet App, then it will appear in the Wallet App on your iPhone, and it will be available when you call up Apple Pay to pay for purchases.

Do you perhaps mean Apple Cash?

Apple Cash is a debit card, it does not incur interest in any way. It just shows an amount of money you have available there. The Apple Card will be visible in the Wallet App without you doing anything, if your iPhone's region is set to the U.S. Is that what you are seeing?

Apple Cash will get cash back from Apple Pay transactions you complete using your Apple Card.

click here ➜ Apple Cash - Apple

Is it possible that is what you are seeing?

Removing Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.