Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple Watch Good morning screen no longer showing weather

Hello,

About several WatchOS updates back (I guess since January or February 2024) the Good morning screen stopped showing weather. There is no animation of the weather in the background, just black and the left and middle indicators in the bottom are also missing. Did some testing (like I made sure the weather app had the weather data befor the morning alarm and yet the Good morning screen still appeared with black background and without data) and it seems like the weather in the watch has some problems with pulling the data (my guess). I am also a bit suspicious about the location being identified through GPS because there surely isn't any weather station where I live, is the weather than forecast based on the nearest location that has weather reports? Is anyone else experiencing this? I haven't found anything on the web. But since it worked before I'd like to bring it back. A lot of things come to mind that could be broken by update (eg. I am using Czech language, metric units). Thanks for any help.

Apple Watch Series 9

Posted on May 5, 2024 2:59 AM

20 replies

May 7, 2024 7:43 AM in response to precaq1912

precaq1912 wrote:

Well only the link on line 6 is slightly related to my problem, the others are not at all. I am using standard watch face (Digital activity) with the standard weather complication in the left upper corner, that works fine just sometimes the retrieving of data takes longer. Weather is set to use location services always.

The user to whom you're replying only seems to post vaguely related links. I haven't yet seen them post any follow-up responses.

May 7, 2024 7:44 AM in response to precaq1912

precaq1912 wrote:

Ok, I have unpaired and re-paired the watch, the only difference being now I am unable to add my main debit card to watch, it fails after confirming the legal notice from the bank. Thank you Apple : ) According to other desperate threads this (the weather on the Good morning screen) needs to be fixed by Apple.

What location is your phone set to in Settings>General>Language & Region>Region?

May 8, 2024 6:50 AM in response to precaq1912

It's always something!

I would try posting this as a separate question in the Wallet>Apple Pay forum. There's a really knowledgeable person who keeps an eye on the Wallet forums named Jeff Donald. He's likely to see your thread and chime in.

When you do post, put a link to this thread with a note to check it out for background information.

Apple Watch Good morning screen no longer showing weather

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.